Thursday, October 8, 2009

Our Girls


Hey there! I have often struggled with creating an image of our girls and how that would affect myself and the people around us who care about us and our girls so much. I have many images of Joeli and Brelan together but Mileigh was born after we lost our precious Joeli. I edit images constantly so have known for quite some time how to combine them. I've often wondered which pictures would be appropriate and how to go about it so that it doesn't appear that Joeli is still here physically. I would never want to do something that our girls would later feel wierd about. Some may say who cares....do what feels right but I want them (Brelan and Mileigh) to have nothing but good, fun, and precious memories of their big sister...not weird. I want them to be able to SEE the connection that I know they FEEL with Joeli. My heart breaks because Brelan was so young and Mileigh didn't get to meet her. That fact alone makes it so important to me to create genuine memories for them. My hope is that one day, they'll tell their babies about their big sister and be able to smile when they remember their childhood and how we honored her memory! I created this collage mainly for Brelan and Mileigh but I cannot explain how amazing it was to see the final image and all three of our girls in one frame! I expected to be emotional upon the completion of it....I was (to say the least). Thank you so much to those of you who support our family and who have been there through the good and the bad and the worst! We love y'all so much! Please don't hesitate to call if there is ever anything that we can do for you...thank you! Be Blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOO here I am at work and I am lookin at this and I just cant explain the feelings I have right now!! What an awsome thing to be able to put together to remember Joeli and also give Brelan and Mi something so special!! You know what is so crazy...the only things I can think about are the Walmart bathroom with you stunned and happy about a positive pregnancy test (with Joeli)and me jumpin around cryin and actin a nut with you in the stall!! (HA HA) Dude we have been friends 9 years and some change and I want you to know that I am so proud of you and your many wonderful accomplishments!! Not only your photography but the wonderful job you do as a mother and the way you have been able to make so many positive things happen through times where many would fall and never get back up!!! I love you my friend and the picture is AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this you did a great job on this Brit. I think that your sweet girls will Love this. You know that Joeli is watching over your family and is your Gardian Angel. I love you girl~Amberly