Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mom and Me Session in Good Hope, Georgia
















Hi Again! So, the photographer in me absolutely despises portraits of myself. Now that we have that out of the way LOL...I am very grateful to my friend, Dawn, for taking these portraits for me with my girls during our visit to Good Hope. I wanted alot of my girls together especially at this time of day because of a "Joeli" reason. Here goes...when Joeli was still here on this earth she was very observant and really coming into her own. I remember evenings when Chad would get home from work and she would look out the back door and tell her daddy "Look Dad, you see that sunset? Jesus makes you a new one of those every day!". How I wish that we were that excited about what our Creator does each and every day just for us! She also loved to look at the clouds particularly when the sun was behind them but shined brightly around them.....because of this, when I see this occurrence in the sky I am reminded of my precious Joeli. It's as if she is saying "Hi Mom!". When Dawn and I took my girls to this field to play and take pictures my "Joeli moment" came out. One of the portraits in particular is as if she is looking down on her baby sisters. I know this may sound far fetched to some but for me this is just how God reminds me that she is still with me. It's also the way that I see that connection with my girls because they will never have an earthly one. I often loose sight of the wonders that our God creates and He uses Joeli to remind me....What a Mighty God we serve! Thanks Dawn, for helping with these portraits! Brelan and Mileigh loved all of the sunflowers and had a great time...I know that Joeli would have too! I will treasure these forever! In a small way it's a portrait of the three of them. Thanks again for looking and Be Blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dude!! I love em all!! Looks like it was so much fun!!!
Leigha

Yogi Taylor said...

Those are great photos... I love the sunflowers!

Yogi Taylor